Thursday, October 12, 2006

A message from the shrunken head maraca maker (31DoHM Day 12)

Day 12: Shrunken head expands reader base!
























The other day, I got an email from artist Dawn Frasier. Dawn had been reading my post about the Polynesian exhibition at the British Museum when she was pleasantly surprised to notice the Tiki Chris shrunken head icon on the right sidebar of this site.

The image is of a shrunken head maraca that I bought sometime in the past few years when I was living in New Jersey. I can't remember where I purchased it - but I do remember that when I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

I like to change my icon every so often and thought that this demure cutie would be a great image for my 31 Days of Halloween Madness.

According to Dawn's message, she designed this macabre maraca for a company called Party Partners and was delighted to see here work appreciated.

Dawn's email also directed me to more of her work, such as the following image:



















Click here to see more of Dawn's artwork.

Thanks for getting in touch, Dawn. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...

Blog Archive