Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Devil's Violin (31DoHM Day 28)

Day 28: The Devil's Violin














Last night, Emiana and I caught a performance by the Devil's Violin at the Barbican Centre. Wow. Spooky, enthralling, poignant, and dynamic.

The Devil's Violin is a quartet comprised of a violinist, an accordianist, a cellist, and and storyteller. This Welsh group performs "long forgotten Gypsy tales from Wales and elsewhere with music inspired by the passion and energy of the Gypsy tradition."

I wish I had known about them earlier as I think that knowledge would have created a much creepier tone to my 31DoHM. Oh well, there's always next year.

Until then, click here to visit the Devil's Violin website.

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...

Blog Archive