Comfortable, practical, and these days the only accessory you need to make a statement, it's hard to imagine a world without the ubiquitous T-shirt. I ♥ T-Shirts takes a subjective approach to this modern fashion phenomenon with each post dealing with a favorite shirt. Our latest T-Shirt post is provided couresty of Jen Cwiok. Thanks Jen!
Designer: Rachel Carns
Purchased: A few years back on buyolympia.com
Status: Still goin' strong!
A few years back, I was newly broken-up and I had a lot of time on my hands. To mend my broken heart, I engaged in a good deal of Internet shopping. CDs, books, accessories, and T-shirts were being delivered to my address at a furious pace and dare I say a void was filled. Out of all of my frivolous purchases during that tumultuous time, my favorite is my "Up With Blimps" T-shirt.
The "Up With Blimps" T-shirt immediately attracted my attention just for the immeasurable hilarity of the words "Up With Blimps." The T-shirt was designed by Olympia, Washington based artist, Rachel Carns. I became familiar with Carns’ work through her bands Kicking Giant and The Need. Her unconventional drumming style (standing up) and her bizarre artwork that appeared on The Need’s album covers made me a diehard fan.I found the "Up With Blimps" T-shirt on the website buyolympia.com, an online market for Olympia-based artists to sell their wares.
I have yet to see another hipster sporting the "Up With Blimps" design, which makes me feel like I’ve got something special. To see more of Carns’ work, check out her website LUX.
Jen Cwiok is a librarian living in New York City. She administers a little blog she likes to call Chive Talk.
Interested in contributing a review of a favourite T-shirt or perhaps sending along a sample to be reviewed? Click here to access my email address. Then, send an email with a brief description of your idea/product along with any relevant online links.
I ♥ T-Shirts is sponsored by Chongolio's Lost-Isle.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Shirt: Up With Blimps
Search Tiki Chris Presents ...
Don't Get it?
Tiki Chris Blogs
- ► 2008 (202)
- Hukilau 2007 Photos
- Just another week with Tiki Chris (Friday June 29,...
- I ♥ T-Shirts: Up With Blimps
- Dan Witz - Kilroy for the 21st Century?
- South Seas Cinema: The Last Navigator
- Tiki London Posters: Available Soon!
- More London Luau photos!
- London Luau 2007 Photos
- MYSTERY at Frederieke Taylor Gallery (New York)
- Tiki Chris - it's "Lijit"
- A Very Tiki June with Virani
- A Couple of Tiki Weeks in Review (Friday June 22, ...
- Artist Profile: Heather Watts
- London Luau 007
- Kon-Tiki in reverse? Evidence suggests Polynesian...
- Tiki Bar TV episode 26: Missionary
- Too Much Fun in Review (Friday June 8, 2007)
- Tiki London: Index of London's Tiki Landmarks
- Tiki London: Gone to Press!
- Tiki London: Trailer Happiness
- Tiki London: Trader Vic's
- Tiki London: South London Pacific
- Tiki London: Mahiki
- Tiki London: London Aquarium
- Tiki London: Intoxica Records
- Tiki London: Gerry's Wine and Spirits
- Meet Up with Cyclops and Sweet Toof (Juxtapoz)
- Hello June (Friday June 1, 2007)
- Tiki London: Cuming Museum
- ▼ June (31)