Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Having a Mai Tai at the Ritz


Last night I attended a posh sort of event with Emilia and friends. Since we were already dudded up and in the neighborhood, we decided to stop by the famous Rivoli Bar at the Ritz Hotel.


Perusing the drinks menu, I was surprised to see 'Mai Tai' listed in the 'long drinks' section. Of course, I ordered one. It tasted alright but, according to my taste buds, not really like a Mai Tai. the drink's description in the menu read: golden rum, dark rum, orange curacao, grenadine, and orgeat syrup. it was garnished with a Maraschino cherry, a pineapple slice, and a sliver of a bay leaf (I think) instead of a sprig of mint. Excusing the variations, I was still a bit thrown off by its taste. I asked the waiter what rums were used. He zipped back to the bar and soon returned with two bottles of barcardi neatly displayed on a silver tray.


So, there ya go. Not the best Mai Tai (not even the best in London). Still, if you ever want to immerse yourself within an elegant example of art deco luxury, the Rivoli's probably you're best bet - it's gorgeous in there and the service is impeccable.


Cheers,

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...

Blog Archive