Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Check out my other blogs!



As I mentioned on Friday, I administer a few blogs. In this posting I'll focus on one in particular, Rapa Nui News. In the next week or so, I'll try to post a brief description of my other projects.


Rapa Nui News
http://www.rapanuinews.blogspot.com/
Site feed URL: http://rapanuinews.blogspot.com/atom.xml


This blog can be described as 'one man's humble attempt to keep abreast of the news pertaining to one of the world's most fascinating places - Rapa Nui.'


If you dont know, Rapa Nui is also known as Easter Island (you know, the remote island in the South Pacific with the big, inexplicable, stone heads scattered about). I had the pleasure of visiting Rapa Nui earlier this year, and now I'm even more fascinated with the place than before.


Rapa Nui hangs in a precarious balance between its mysterious past and an uncertain future. The goal of Rapa Nui News is to present current news about the island, its people, and its culture in such a way as to allow readers to determine their positions for themselves. My short stay on the island made such an impact that sharing this blog with the world seems the least I can do.


By no means am I an expert on all things Rapanui,*** and I do not purport to represent the views of anyone, let alone those of the Rapanui people. With that said, I certainly welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions, or leads from others interested in staying up-to-date on Rapa Nui happenings.


***Rapa Nui (two words) refers to the island. Rapanui (one word) refers to the indigenous people of the island, their language, and their culture.


Maururu!
Tiki Chris

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...

Blog Archive