Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mr. Brain's what?


According to the now archived Mr. Brain's
website:
It's no wonder 100 million faggots are eaten in the UK every year!

But wait. It gets worse. Sometime in the recent past, Mr. Brain conducted a nationwide search to find "an ordinary family who loves and eats faggots on a regular basis" to represent his products. In order to qualify, each member of the family had to be "fanatical about faggots." The winning family was the Doody family from Dudley, Wolverhampton, who "beat off stiff competition" to gain the title of the Faces of Mr. Brain's Faggots.

7 comments:

Emiana said...

NO!!! This must be a lark. There is no way they're serious. This is hilarious!!!!

Tiki Chris said...

Honestly, if I had not seen the actual product for sale at the supermarket, I would think this were all some post-modern prank.

But, for around £1, 4 of Mr. Brain's pork faggots (in a West Country sauce) can be yours.

Jack said...

My experience is that some faggots are saltier than other faggots. Maybe this is caused by the West Country sauce? I just love those little tasty faggots!

M. Snow said...

hmm, and all this time I thought faggots were cigarettes! I'll have to be a little more careful next time I'm picking up some of Mr. Brain's tv dinners. So I wonder what is in the Rich West Country sauce?

Simon W said...

Believe me, I don't know any Brits that consider 'faggots' to be part of their diet, but these do exist and I had to try them. They are surprisingly good, despite being dubiously soft (I think 'Mr Brain' was always at the back of my mind....eugh).

You are going to try them, right....?

Tiki Chris said...

"You are going to try them, right....?"

Well, I do have a box of them in my freezer (that photo of the packaging is a scan of the box). I bought them at Waitrose, more for the visual effect when opening the freezer door than for consumption. However, I was looking at the ingredients, and ... they don't sound too horrible. I might try them.

bharris said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! wooohoo what a good chuckle (aka, lol)

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...