Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Long time no hear from

Hey folks. No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been busy.

Last Thursday, Emilia and I moved into our permanent residence, a warehouse conversion loft in Clerkenwell. So far, Clerkenwell appears to be a brilliant place to reside. We’re just up the street from what’s already one of my favorite restaurants, St. John, and the more I explore, the more I find cool pubs, streets, shops, etc. To be sure, there’ll be plenty of blog fodder within easy walking distance of our flat. Whoopee!

Thursday was also the day that all our stuff (enough to fill a 40-foot container) arrived from being shipped from New Jersey. It is soooo nice not living out of a suitcase anymore. The task of sorting through and organizing all this stuff (where does it all come from???) has been – and still is – daunting. Read Emilia’s blog for her take on moving into our flat.

Honestly, we’ve done a pretty good job unpacking and trying to make this flat our home. However, we’ve been too busy having an absolute blast to get very far along. Friday was the kickoff for the second annual London Luau, a three-day event hosted by Jamie Wilson and Anjy Cameron (collectively known as the London-based purveyors of exotic arts and tropical décor, Cheeky Tiki), for Tiki enthusiasts, from the UK and beyond, to share in their love of Polynesian Pop.

The Luau was wonderful, and in a way it seemed like a sort of homecoming: the main night of the Luau was at one of my all-time favorite spots in London (Trader Vic’s!), I got to catch up with some of my best friends here in the UK, and I got meet some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life.

On the last night of the Luau, at Trailer Happiness (my new favorite cocktail bar in the world), I had the pleasure of drinking the most delicious Mai Tai I’ll probably ever have in my life … a Mai Tai that was possibly worth over $1000. Expect a full article and photos from the London Luau in the next issue of Tiki Magazine

… which leads me to the other cool thing I wanted to bring up. I think I’m going to start working for Tiki Magazine. Details haven’t been worked out yet, but I’ll be sure to clue y’all in as I find out more.

And in my spare time? Oh yeah, the World Cup is on!

Peace,

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...