Saturday, November 24, 2007

California Road Trip: Ginger

I’m back from an incredible adventure along the California coast. Arriving on Halloween, I started in LA, dipped down to San Diego for Tiki Magazine’s “Tiki Island at the Bali Hai” art show and then cruised up to the Bay Area for the Tiki Central Tiki Crawl with all sorts of memorable pit stops along the way. Most of the time, travel buddies Tiki Racer (who'd flown over from England with me) and Chongolio (who’d flown in from Kauai) were by my side. In retrospect, the whole trip seems very Wizard of Oz, with fascinating characters, new and old friends making appearances and plenty of lessons learned. However, when it came time to fly back, I was clicking my heels wishing I could stay just a little bit longer.


Like I said on Thursday, I've got a lot to be thankful for. A great example of thanks-worthy stuff is that I was able to spend some quality time with my old friend Ginger while in California. I've known Ginger for about a quarter century. She comes from the same small town as I do and (I'm happy to report) is still just as awesome and as individual as ever. These days, she lives in San Francisco, which is where I ended up hanging for a few days toward the end of my trip.

Make sure to check out all my California Road Trip posts!

Photography by Chris Osburn © 2007

No comments:

More Stuff

Search Tiki Chris Presents ...

Latest ontoTravel

Latest ontoLondon

...

Don't Get it?

If you like this blog ...