Hanging in there,
Check out my other blogs!
As I mentioned on Friday, I administer a few blogs. In this posting I'll focus on one in particular, Rapa Nui News. In the next week or so, I'll try to post a brief description of my other projects.
Rapa Nui News
Site feed URL: http://rapanuinews.blogspot.com/atom.xml
This blog can be described as 'one man's humble attempt to keep abreast of the news pertaining to one of the world's most fascinating places - Rapa Nui.'
If you dont know, Rapa Nui is also known as Easter Island (you know, the remote island in the South Pacific with the big, inexplicable, stone heads scattered about). I had the pleasure of visiting Rapa Nui earlier this year, and now I'm even more fascinated with the place than before.
Rapa Nui hangs in a precarious balance between its mysterious past and an uncertain future. The goal of Rapa Nui News is to present current news about the island, its people, and its culture in such a way as to allow readers to determine their positions for themselves. My short stay on the island made such an impact that sharing this blog with the world seems the least I can do.
By no means am I an expert on all things Rapanui,*** and I do not purport to represent the views of anyone, let alone those of the Rapanui people. With that said, I certainly welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions, or leads from others interested in staying up-to-date on Rapa Nui happenings.
***Rapa Nui (two words) refers to the island. Rapanui (one word) refers to the indigenous people of the island, their language, and their culture.
This week in Tiki Chris
I administer four blogs. I thought today would be a great time to take a look at and share with others what I’ve posted across the blogosphere this week. Enjoy.
If a particular blog interests you, keep in mind that I’ve been blogging on all these since well before this past week. You may want to take a look through the archives of any blog that interests you.
- EVENTS: London to stage anti-racism event
- EVENTS: Freud Museum marks 150th anniversary of Sigmund Freud's birth
- CITYSCAPE: Foxes in London
- DINING: Chocolate goodness just off Brick Lane
- DINING: Stony Street Café
- SHOPPING: LA Times fashion critic on London's retail scene
- CITYSCAPE: New 3D digital map of London
- SHOPPING: Simply MUJI
- CITYSCAPE: Have you seen this man?
- EVENTS: Modernism at the V&A
- WEEKLY PHOTO: 12 May 2006
Rapa Nui News
- New Museo Andino in Chile features Rapa Nui exhibit
- Rapa Nui on the verge of tourism boom?
- Rapa Nui travel info from the New York Times
- 'Sumptuous' hotel planned for Rapa Nui
- New Google Calendar rocks!
- Salon.com interview with 'The Way We Eat' author Peter Singer
- Having a Mai Tai at the Ritz
- Keith's okay (did you ever really doubt he would be?)
- Around-the-world on a big budget
- Best-seller destinations
Groovy features include:
Have fun keeping up-to-date,
Then check out http://www.tribewanted.com.